Oxfam Australia Privacy Statement
- Committed to protecting your rights
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use the information?
- People who receive an Oxfam Unwrapped present
- Giving you control
Committed to protecting your rights
Oxfam Australia has always been committed to protecting your privacy. All information provided to us will remain confidential and protected. It will be used only as outlined below.
What information do we collect?
Oxfam Australia typically asks for the information below. However, it is your choice how much of this information you provide us with. All information is held securely.
- contact information (e.g. name, address, e-mail)
- personal details, including date of birth, gender, income
- areas of interest
- your supporter number
- credit card numbers or bank account details for direct debit that are given to us for donations made online
Please note in order to process your gifts on Oxfam Unwrapped online it is a requirement that you provide certain details. This includes your names, address, a contact phone number and credit card details. You will be unable to use Oxfam Unwrapped online if you do not provide these details. Please call 1800 034 034 if you wish to use Oxfam Unwrapped without providing this information.
How do we use the information?
We collect this information in order to:
- process donations and provide receipts
- maintain accurate details of our supporters' history with the organisation
- keep our supporters informed of our work
- assist in the cost-effective development of our marketing and fundraising activities
To ensure your privacy is protected, information from your record will not be disclosed, nor details altered, unless requested by you (after your identity has been confirmed). Some data collected (eg. Date of Birth, Gender) will be used primarily for this purpose. If you wish to allow another person to access your details (e.g. family member, personal assistant) you need to notify Oxfam Australia in writing and we will note this on your record.
As we have a large number of supporters, at times we use external providers to assist in our mailing, receipting and/or processing of donations. We require these distributors to sign an agreement to keep your personal information confidential.
People who receive an Oxfam Unwrapped present
When you choose to send an e-card to someone we need to collect their email address to deliver it. We will only use the email address for this specific purpose and will not email the gift recipient any other materials nor store it for future use.
We use Nielsen Net Ratings web measurement technologies for non-identifying statistical information about how many people visit our site, when they visit, and for how long. For more information read Nielsen Net Ratings' privacy information.
Supplying personal details
If you give us your email address, or other personal information by subscribing to one of our mailing lists, or registering for information, it will be used to send you information only on the subject area you have chosen. We will not subscribe you to additional lists, nor give your address to any third party, without your approval.
Links to external sites
In some areas of the web-site links to other sites can be found. These sites are not controlled by Oxfam Australia and therefore we cannot take responsibility for their content, claims of offer or privacy practices.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (although how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie) . These cookies are used to store information between visits to a site.
For instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
Giving you control
- All supporters of Oxfam Australia for whom we have details recorded have the right to ask for a copy of these details at any time.
- Supporters also have the right to update and/or alter their details at any time.
- Oxfam Australia will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future mailings from us.
- Should you have any issues in relation to Oxfam Australia and your privacy, you can raise this with our Complaints Officer who will address your concerns promptly and advise you of your rights.
When contacting us, please provide the following information:
- Telephone number
- Supporter number (if known)
- Date of Birth
Maintaining your information:
To access or change your details contact our Donor Services Team
- Free call 1800 034 034
- by Email
- Mail us at Oxfam Australia, 132 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC 3053
- Fax us on 03 9347 1983
Questions about privacy:
For further information about the privacy statement contact our Privacy Officer:
- by Email
- Call 03 9289 9444
- Mail us at Privacy Officer, Oxfam Australia, 132 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC 3053
To register an issue in relation to the way Oxfam Australia has dealt with your privacy please contact our Complaints Officer
- Email Complaints Officer
- Call 1800 034 034
- Mail us at Complaints Officer, Oxfam Australia, 132 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC 3053